Hi there, I'm Deb from Manchester, England & welcome to my brand new craft blog! Those of you who know me will know I allready have a craft blog where I share stamped character images coloured with Distress Inks (just click on the Craftrocks tab above) However I also make cards for Simply Cards & Papercrafts,other craft magazines and have recently started an exciting new venture with LOTV. I usually work in soft pastel colours in a shabby style, expect handmade cards, Scrapbook layouts, Altered Art & more. I love to inspire & be inspired - it would be great to find some fabulous new challenges & blogs to follow. I'd love some followers here too so why not introduce yourself - always happy to answer questions as well as hearing your thoughts & suggestions! Enjoy your visit & call back soon, Deb.x

Thursday 22 August 2013

LOTV Calendar stamps card

Hi again! & here's the other card I made for LOTV using there Calendar stamps. This time I used one of the larger circular calenders. Mounted onto a Spellbinders Fancy Tags 3 die cut from kraft card then covered in Shabby blue Embossing Powder. Behind this is a Spellbinders Floral Oval cut from Core'dinations Whitewash card, underneath I added cheese cloth and Shabby White Frantage for a shabby chic effect.

 
The designer papers are from the Vintage Summer collection by Maja Design. Paper edges have been inked with Pumics Stone Distress Ink using a blending tool, distressed with the scissors, then stiched around on the sewing machine.
 
 
I added 3 banner shapes under the main topper and cut out a hand from some old packaging - maybe you recognise it from the 'That Special Touch of' logo?!! I also added some correogated card re-cycled from an old box, painted with Picket Fence Crackle Paint - love using this on my crads, its so effective & gives you instant texture, dimention and more shabby stylings.
 
 
The white/cream flowers & berries are by Kort & Godt, the mauve pink larger rose is Kaisercraft and the rest are from Live & Love Crafts. Below I ripped 2 of the edges and positioned lace behind the rip for 'peek-a-boo' lace effect which I just LOVE at the mo! The swirl die is a Magnolia Doo Hickey & the butterfly (just off the page) is Tim Holtx Movers & Shapers die cut from grungeboard & coated in Snow Tex.
 
 
Thanks for Looking.
xxx
 

No comments: